Venice Museum Bridge proposes a replacement for the Ponte dell’Accademia bridge spanning the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. This Eugenio Miozzi designed wooden bridge, first erected in 1933 and rebuilt in kind in 1986, was originally intended as a temporary structure until a permanent design could be commissioned. Venice Museum Bridge is simultaneously a bridge linking the San Marco district with the Accademia gallery in Dorsoduro and the City Museum displaying the history, tradition and architectural splendour of Venice. To achieve this, structure, circulation and program are intertwined in a double helical diagram. Access to the top deck is by a stair or elevator on each bank of the Grand Canal. From the top deck, crossing can be achieved through the museum or by open air. The museum, housed within the double helix under and adjacent to the top deck, offers a means of crossing while viewing the exhibits. Alternatively, the top deck offers an open air crossing while allowing views into the museum and up and down the spectacular Grand Canal. The museum path contains a lobby, a café and permanent & temporary exhibition halls. At the intersection of the two helices, the temporary exhibition hall connects to the lower wing of each helix containing the semi-public administrative area in one and the private drafting, modeling, general maintenance and storage area in the other.